dinsdag 19 april 2011

Op die fiets

Back in Holland - probably for the longest period in almost 2 years? I have 3 whole weeks of essay-writing and revising here - vitamins provided by my mum.

Don´t worry, I won´t write much - just wanted to share some pictures before exam-panic sets in.

The sandwich with cheese I've wanted since January.

Neptune, one of our new fish, doing a great pose here.

Another new pet: the frog in our pond.

I've been to Leiden for dissertation research. I am going to be writing on Neo-Assyrian inscriptions, and hopefully pottery - but so far no sources. None, in any way, at all. Whoops.



I did find the famous Dorestad fibula in the Museum of Antiquities though.

Fortunately revision has been mixed with lots of sunshine (in Holland?!) and lunch at the beach. I am missing Queen's Day by 1 week, so expect some Dutch surprises in Durham...







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten